- I believe we’re done with reporting on the breakfast sandwiches at Earl of Sandwich as part of the #2013eateachsandwich challenge (well, unless the Earl of Sandwich decides to add another one or change one up)… So, this week, I review the Seasonal Special BBQ Pork Sandwich. Actually had this one on July 4th and coincidentally, the newest Seasonal Specials were announced last Monday, August 12. Nick has tried the Avocado BLT already, but it doesn’t count because I didn’t eat it. The other new special is the Pastrami Reuben (Sarah at Eating WDW reviewed it today), I’m happy to see that it has sauerkraut on it! I’m down to the Caprese and these two new ones… I’m so not looking forward to the Caprese, just something about fresh basil leaves (guess you can tell I’m not Italian)
- We went to bluezoo about a week and a half ago … we met the new executive chef Bob Griffing … of course we had a lovely evening, lots of good food, sufficient good drinks, and great service! Thank you bluezoo!
- ALSO… WE GOT OUR RESERVATIONS FOR FOOD & WINE! yes, I’m shouting…
- And you should check out our Food & Wine Festival Magazine on FlipBoard… While you’re there, also check out this week’s magazine, it has more material not in this blog post
A selection from the ether…
- Did you know that the Disney Cruise Line now has a Commodore? Congratulations Commodore Tom!
- Very interesting take on Be Our Guest Restaurant from Wendy Neeld at Your Highway In The Sky (love her writing style and her way of looking at Imagineering)
- Mousechow let’s us know what she’s looking forward to for this year’s Food & Wine Festival – the spinach paneer pocket from Africa is on my list too!
- Sarah at EatingWDW has a couple of items you might like (of course, if you haven’t you can check out her blog and get food info every day of the week) – the Ripple from the UK Pavilion at Epcot (I didn’t try this one when we were in England, but I did eat a couple of Mint Aero Bars), the Mount Kilimarita from Victoria Falls at Animal Kingdom Lodge (we so need to get back to this bar and try a few things, it’s just so d*mn*d noisy with Boma downstairs), and the Vegetarian Flatbread from the Electric Umbrella at Epcot (I don’t believe we’ve ever eaten here)
Like I said, check out our magazine for this week – there’s more stuff in it!