We were out and about on Marathon Sunday and stopped at Les Halles Bakery in France at Epcot for a snack. We had been driving around Walt Disney World cheering on Kate as she ran in her first full length marathon – our next spot to see her was at the United Kingdom Pavilion at Epcot and we had some time until then…
We were aware that the new bakery had opened at France, but didn’t really expect that we’d ever go there (we’d only gone to the old bakery once in 22 years of visiting Epcot); however, they open at 9:00! Great! Now we had a place to get a bite to eat while we waited until time to see Kate again…
The bakery offers
- two cold sandwiches (Ham & cheese and Turkey BLT),
- two warm sandwiches (Ham & cheese croissant and Chicken pesto),
- two soups (Pumpkin and Lobster bisque),
- three salads (Vegetable, Nicoise, and Bacon & egg)
- 8 specialities (Quiche Lorraine, Quiche Florentine, Bacon & herb baguette, Garlic & cheese baguette, plain baguette, Tomato & olive “pizza”, Toasted ham & cheese, and a cheese plate)
- pastries and soft sweets
Nora grabbed us a table outside and protected it from the birds while nick went inside and got some food.
We started with the “Dinde BLT” – basically a turkey club sandwich ($8.50)…
Overall, it’s a good sandwich but it leaves a much heavier sweet taste rather than savory. If we were hungry and the lines weren’t horrific, we’d eat this again… But if it was a contest between this and Earl of Sandwich, the Earl wins.
Since this is a bakery, nick also got us a chocolate eclair ($3.85)…
Overall, this seemed more SWEET than CHOCOLATE – but we have to keep in mind that nora makes really intense chocolate baked goods when she bakes. We’re thinking that the vanilla eclair will be more to our liking next time.